pully bearings

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brock Lagunas

Reaction score
Hey there again... im sorry ive been asking so many questions in the past few days, i just want to get this truck finished. well ive come to another problem. i just got the new battery in, and fixed my gauges thanks to JOEY, but now a set of bearings in the belt sys has gone bad and is squeeking like crazy. im not sure what the pully is for but its the one just to the left and up, of the compressor. what is that pully for? i know its not the water pump. I guess im just wondering how i replace it and what it is lol. if yall can be of some help, i would be even more happier then when yall answered my last question!!! :lol:

What year is your trac?, Several people on this site have had the problem of the

"Idler Tensioner Pulley" . Also, what are the miles, and did you replace the belt

itself? A little more specifics, and I'm sure we all can steer you in the right direction,

Brock!

Please, pick our brains! We Thrive on this stuff!

Let us know the answers to the above questions...:)

its a 2001 job 1 I believe. ummm about 104000 miles, never replaced the belt. now im not sure which is which but the tensioner on the left had side that you loosen to take the belt off squeeks, and like i said so does the one just to the left and up of the ac compressor. i would like to get underdrive pullys in the near future too. any thing else yall guys need??? just let me know!!

Brock...

2001 Job 1 with 104,000 miles Maintenance Tips:

* Replace the belt(s)

* Replace the Tensioner Pulley/Check Idler Pulley

* Replace Plugs and Wires

* Clean the Idle Air Control Valve (I.A.C.)

* Check (Replace?) Air Filter (Every 12,000 mi.; Every Year, Approximately)

* Have someone check the timing/timing chain for stretch and wear

* All Fluids (Trans, Transfer Case if 4WD), Axles, Wheel Bearing Grease for R.W.D,

on the front spindles

* Check all coolant and vacuum hoses for deterioration and wear/leakage

* Alternator Output/Battery Voltage/Current Draw-Load Amps (might be an original

battery?)

Do Not put underdrive pulleys, or God forbid, a Supercharger, or any other performance

enhancing mods on your trac till you have the basics checked out first!

;)

tracnblack... im pretty good at keeping up with maintenance. and im not one of those cheep guys who just buys whatever. i currently have an airaid intake and throttle body spacer. im running royal purpal oil, i just need to change out my diff, and tranny fluid with royal purpal. im guessing the tensioner pulley and idler pulley are two diff pulleys? well i need to replace those. i want to get plug wires from EE, and run those new spark plugs that come in that green box... the E3s or whatever theyre called. i just cleaned the iac. ill have to have the timing checked. i flushed the coolant about a year or so ago but my clutch fan just went out so i want to put a flex a lite 180 electric fan in and when i do that ill flush the radiator and clean it real good. i just bought a new red top today and my alternator is still good. so should i not put underdrive pulleys at all??? or just wait till i get those main things done? I also need to have my ac checked! anything else you might be able to think of?