Purchased a Popup!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]:

I bought a 2006 Fleetwood Evolution E2 last week. The ST pulls it very well, and its offroad abilities will be great to test.

There are more picts in my library if you're interested.

jeff

Sorry to hear... Just kidding. Welcome to the wonderful world of camping.

Personally, I do not like pop-ups. I prefer Motorhome or a hard sided trailer. Pop-ups are nice, but not for me.

I hope you enjoy it. Camping is awesome.

Tom

We used one last summer for the first time, and it was a blast! The kids loved it, and we just had an awesome time. The one we borrowed was a big one - 2 king size beds and slept like 9 people. We pulled it with the Escape, and it did fine but did give quite a bit of wiggle on braking which was un-nerving to say the least. We are looking forward to pulling it with the trac this summer, I'm sure the much heavier and longer vehicle will make things much nicer.

--Bob

I hope you enjoy camping Jeff, and I hope there's lots of great places where you're located. I know we have many camp grounds here in FL that are on the water and in very scenic places. If you ever get a chance to motor down here with it, please do, it will be worth it. Although you probably won't have to do any off-roading to get where you want to be.

My parents have a coleman pop-up that sleeps 9 and has a pop-out dining area. We're taking it and one of our boats down to the keys next weekend. We'll all be staying at Curry Hammock State Park and spending day and night fishing for bonefish, tarpon, permit, grouper, sharks and whatever else happens to bite my line. Usually, Scott and I don't bring food and live by the "if you don't catch it, you don't eat" motto, but my parents are too spoiled. Should be a great time. My ST will be trailering the boat, my dad's Sierra will tow the camper.

Q, your more cranky then usual today.

I've had pop-ups and full size travel trailers. They both have their advantages. Pop-ups are a breeze to pull and you sacrifice little gas mileage. They're great for going somewhere and staying in one spot for several days but they're terrible for traveling long distances and just staying a night or two. Packing everything up and cranking it up and down every day or so is a royal pain in the you-know-what.

Nice looking rig. Ive pulled an older starcraft with the track, didnt even know it was there. A friend of mine purchased a rig similar to yours and they love it, darned thing is a house. Just a word of advice, if you live in the northern climates be sure to do the PM before you put it away for the winter. My buddie got his unit used, the previous owner didnt drain the hot water tank. It was really really expensive to get it fixed..

cheers

Ahh, so I'm your flavor of the week Q? Tired of attacking other people who point out your criticisms? Don't worry. I can take it. At least I don't hide my identity behind a letter. A lame letter at that - 90% of the time it can't do anything by itself. Q needs his buddy "u" to be useful. Go find a friend.

Out of curiousity, Q, have you been or would you ever consider going to a meet? Seriously. I hide behind nothing. I've met many people from this site in my 3 years. How many have met you? What do you offer to this site? Friendship? No. Support? No. (you basically called someone a dummy in the other post for a common mistake) Help? No. Opinions? YES Criticism? YES

Jenn D,

Try emailing him directly. Won't work. He doesn't even use a real e-mail address.

He cpntributes nothing to this website. He like to call people names and call people stupid. He will never go to a meet.

Tom

Back to topic... You'll love that popup. I had some of the best camping trips ever using a pop up trailer. It gives you the sense of being outdoors, unlike a full sized travel trailer. They can be just as comfortable, equipped with central heat and air.

One reason I got my ST was to pull my pop-up. It pulls very well behind. Took it to Arizona in March from Central Washington State and back.

Now I am in Sierra Vista, AZ (moveing here) and living in my pop-up in the heat.

I haven't noticed any difference in gas mileage pulling or not pulling my pop-up.

Enjoy yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had an ST for a while now and I would go to a meet if Q did just because I know some people on the board are so fed up with his crap that they would break his fingers so he couldn't type anymore, and that would be great entertainment.;)