Question about Installing a after market Headunit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
My new Pioneer DEH-P6800MP headunit was shipped today and should recieve it in about 2 days. I got it from Crutchfield.com and it comes with the installation kit and wiring harness. I have have installed stereos before but not in newer cars. Is there any thing that I need to watch out for when start to install it?

6c8a6df742d47ee75b5c50576b3d1e06.jpeg

I also bought a Pioneer CD-IB100ii iPod® Interface Adapter and was wondering if anyone else has this and had any pointers on installing it?

05f8047510a50b5c07edf5f4848c8bb7.jpeg

Thanks for the help.

Andrew

both are very good units. the ST's are very straight foward and require very little knowledge to install an aftermarket head unit. requires "Ford Keys" to remove radio or a modified coat hanger (would suggest getting the keys) popping the kit in and wiring up the harness. the CD-IB100 is a great unit. if i were a pioneer man i would have that. hands down.

The kit also comes with the keys, I got everything ( CD player, ipod interface, installation kit, wiring harness and removal keys) for $269. Is there anything that I am going to have to screw in like a support bracket and rear support screws?

Andrew

shouldnt but never hurts. the rear support bracket never hurts but i remember on some fords guys wanted the radio on top and pocket on bottom or vice versa and with one 7mm screw the whole backet in thdash comes out so that you can do that. presonall i put my kit in upside down (which they said couldnt be done. with a bit of slight modification i was ablt to get it in with radio on bottom so that my 7" screen didnt go to much higer than the dash. (library has pics)

Install is easy but good rear support was tricky depending on the kit I tried. I also had to trim the rear support to give clearance for the Pioneer modular plug.

I like my 6800 but, man, that sucker is bright at night. It has a dimming signal but it's effect is minimal and doesn't dim anything but the LCD display.

If you use the front AUX plug, it's 2.5mm, not a standard 3.5mm mini-plug. What the hell, Pioneer?