Question about KKM intake

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derrick Townsend

Reaction score
I just want to ask one question about this intake. it seems just to be a cone filter placed there in stead of the regular air box. Though the air box is a little bit more restrictive... it does have a tube that leads to the front grill which takes in cool air. This intake seems to me that yes it would be less restrictive but it would also intake alot of hot air from the motor compartment. SO would there really be that much more of a gain with the new intake setup compared to just using a drop in K&N?

LSU,

Yes, 90% of the intake kits only remove the restriction and do not catch cold air, they do take in the warmer air from under the hood...

You can data log the intake temps before and after and see for your self...

This is the reason I make and sell True cold air intake for the Gen 1 ST.....

The Stock air box doesn't catch 100% of the cold air, It is colder than the open filter under the hood..

Todd Z

LSU, I know that the 07 air intake is in a 80% better spot than the Gen 1 st. Personally I would try to make the KKM MAF work on the 07 with the stock air box. Even if it required a different filter or some type of adapter to pipe right into the stock air box and then run a K&N.

That would be the best in my mind..

Todd Z

Latest posts