Question about movies/videos

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Schindler

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
Well, it looks like we will be expecting a baby. We will know for sure on Wednesday when she gets the official blood test.

Here is something I have wanted to do for a really long time. I want to take a picture of the baby every day at the same time. I then would like to conver the pictures into a movie. I figure with 365 pictures a year for 5 years, I could have about 60 seconds of video at 30 frames per second or 121 minutes at 4 frames per second.

Does this sound like a pipe dream? I feel this would be awesome to view.

Does anyone know what software could be used to make this work? I know this is a long shot, but this is something I thought about for many years.

Any input?

Thanks, my friends...

Tom

Congrats Caymen & Teresa!

I always wanted to take maybe a 10-20 second video say once a month untill they became adult and would have an 18 year age progression over a short span. I never did it. I think every day will get old real past. i always thought the 10 - 20 second video on the 1st day of the month would be do-able. Maybe your more structured than I.

'07 ST

Tom and Teresa,

Congratulations!

Maybe you should also take a picture of you and

Teresa everyday at the same time and see how much you change.

new Chad

Doesn't sound like a pipe dream at all, I've heard of people doing similar things. IMO your still picture idea would be better than brief video clips for splicing.

Though I haven't used Movie Maker on Windows 7 extensively, I have used the XP/Vista versions, and 1,825 pictures would give it extreme difficulty IME.

(BTW, Didn't you go ubuntu anyhow?)

62c94f6a8abfaf2db67e1df964683655._.jpg
[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Though this is on the other end of the spectrum, I will see if I can get the info for you.

One of my co-workers was killed, the funeral home asked for any and all pictures that people had. There were HUNDREDS of pictures given to them. They scanned them and put them into a program that added music and did this kind of fade in and out thing that would show the picture and then move around the picture to highlight specific areas.

It was VERY impressive and VERY moving...

I will call the office today and see if they have the info.

It was one of the best jobs I have ever seen, very very moving, very high quality...

And congrats to you and I hope all goes well...

Glad to hear the news Tom, I'll bet Teresa and you are very excited. :supercool: If you ever do it, I'd like to see that DVD. You might want to check with Greg Smith in Fort Wayne, IN. He's the IT fella that did the ST meet video! Who knows. Bob :banana:

Latest posts