Question: Error Code P0402 EGR Flow Excessive

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ L

Reaction score
I believe I know this answer, but I got an error code of P0402 EGR Flow excessive...would the remedy for error code P0401 EGR Flow Insufficient fix my error as well? Sounds like the both have to do with the EGR and the replacement should solve my problems.

I'll have to fix this in about 33 days when I get back from Korea! BTW, for all you military kats on the site (especially Air Force) I just receive the results of my Supplement 06E6 cycle and I will be promoted to TSgt (E6) in a few months!!! More cash for me!!!

Thanks!

Congratulations on your selection to Technical Sergeant. In my opinion one of the best enlisted ranks in the Air Force. You have to be a leader but still get to work on the real stuff.

If your lucky like me you can change the DPFE and the EGR sensor, check the hoses, make sure the hoses are patent, and still have your CEL on. At the dealership now after finally giving up. Guess I'll give the extended warranty an opportunity.

Latest posts