Question on Owner Notification Program 00M12

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Boer

Reaction score
Just had a question for any of the Sport Trac'rs out there about "Fords Owner Notification Program 00M12"

I have been posting for the last two years trying to find a fix for my Sport Trac with rough idle in the cold weather and done quite a few things to try to fix this situation with no luck. Now that the cold weather is starting to roll back around my frustration is starting to kick in again :-(

My Sport Trac (Job 1 - 2001) fits in to the description of the FOrd notification listed above. I had replaced the upper intake gasket, o-rings, cleaned the IAC, ran sea foam, and several other things, but never fixed the problem. I am guessing that it is the lower intake gasket since this is the only thing I never replaced. Before I go in and replace this, I just wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on this. This issue appears from the notification to only be on 2001 Job 1 Sport Tracs assembled at the Louisville and St Louis plants, so I am not sure what my luck is going to be finding someone with this same situation.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Yes,

We have been telling all 2001 ST members with the Job 1 motor to replace all the intake gaskets....

The problem goes away..

Todd Z

Latest posts