Question to any V8 4X2 '07 owners (and possibly Todd Z)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn D

Reaction score
Ok, so admittedly, I was against the '07's for my own reasons. However, with the inclusion of the Dark Cherry color I find myself salivating more often these days (someone in my neighborhood has one and I've seen it a few times recently.....keeps it fresh in my mind). mmmmmm

I mainly wanted to replace my ST (when the time comes) with an F-150 for towing capabilities because we own several boats, one which pushes the limits of the abilities on my current ST. That being said, I looked up the numbers for the new ST. It states that the V8 4X2 can tow 6800 lbs. I am curious if anyone with an '07 has had the oppotunity to tow anything large and heavy with it yet. How sluggish is it? Even with my ST now, towing something that is well within its capabilities, it still drags like I'm pulling the world behind me.

Just curious if any input is out there yet. I thought possibly Todd got a chance to see the ST pull something out in CA.

Thanks!

Jen,

We did not tow any thing, BUT the transmission gearing is super high numerically that I think it will have no problem.. Higher gearing, easy for the motor to get the truck going and better engine braking foir you.. ALSO the roll controll and traction controll are still standard on the 4x2. The new st is well over 5 thousand pounds, So it should hold the trailer just fine....

I say go for it...

Todd Z

Yeah, JennD, go for the Dark Cherry! I swear that color is in conversations all over this site right now, and it seems to be the color of choice for those that are, and are not buying a new 07 ST. :D

Jenn - I pull a parade car on a 4 wheel flatbed trailer, total weight is 6400 lbs. Ghosty (new pics in library soon) so far has pulled this rig about 600 miles total, some around town here in Houston and some on the road to Dry Creek, Louisiana and back. Everybody's heard me say it before, but....I LOVE THIS TRUCK. The low gear in the 6 spd is SOOOOOO LOOOOW, the V8 doesn't even act like it has a load until you get into 3rd or so, and by then, you're moving 25-35 mph. Now, keep in mind, I had a 2001 job1, and it towed the same car and trailer good enough for me, but nothing like Ghosty does. On the trip to Louisiana, 450 miles or so, I averaged 13.5 mpg. Fantastic, I say. Go for it.