Racing Gas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud Williams

Reaction score
Found a Shell Station that sells "Racing Gas" It was in Crabapple area of Alpharetta, GA.

the sign said it was 100 octane.

[Broken External Image]:

Not totally uncommon, just varies by area. Stations around race tracks, sometime up north stations that get a lot of snowmobile traffic. I haven't seen one in a while though.

Aviation fuel burns hot. That is how my brother-in -law burnt up his firebird. All the airboats I have been on just run 91 octane in the 350's all the way up to the 572's.

theres a station here that has a pump around back for 105... its chained so customers have to ask...

kinda of a secret setup

[/Aviation fuel burns hot. That is how my brother-in -law burnt up his firebird. All the airboats I have been on just run 91 octane in the 350's all the way up to the 572's.

But what about the guys with the airplane engines in their boats eh? Someone must be bying that gas. Maybe its for the crop dusters then.

You are right Clusterpup. I didn't think of the airboats that have airplane motors on there boats. I worked down in Louisiana for 2 years and saw a lot of air boats and road on a bunch of them. There was one that had 5 motors on it! But I never saw one with an airplane motor on one.

They sell it during racing season near me. I wouldn't use it unless maybe just a few gallons in a full tank so as not to burn up my precious engine.

Isn't that stuff good for cleaning out the combustion chamber? I understand that the Leaded racing fuel will burn away ALL the carbon in your combustion chamber and exhaust system. I ran some in my sport bike and it had the tailpipe white!

dude, run leaded gas and your cats will be gone in a minute, not to mention all your o2 sensors, maybe 15 Hun worth of stuff.

I burn off all my leftover 100 & 110 octane racing fuel from my karts in my lawnmower, roto tiller, and pressure washer. Had to put a couple of gallons in the Escalade once outside of Lancaster to keep from running out of gas! oops...