Racing w/ the v8 ST's

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin,

No. A totally stock vehicle will not run the same time, every time, all the time. A faster vehicle will turn the 1/4 mile faster, but at the same time be less consistant since it is harder to get closer to that time every time.

A slower vehicle will be more consistant. The drive is the final factor. Doing the exact same thing over and over again at exactly the same moment is next to impossible.

Humidity, air temperature, track temperature, barometric pressure, etc. all affect the final results.

To the person that knows nothing about Drag Racing will think anyone can do it. That is not true. Not anyone can do it. Guys like John Force, Kenny Bernstein, Larry Dixon, etc. are all true athletes. They handle forces that most people could never survive. Drag racing is a brutal sport that requires perfect timing, nerves of steel, and attention to detail.

It is not "Hold on and point it straight with something faster than anyone else". You will not win racing that way. The guy that can race as close to his dial in number everytime, without going faster, will win.

If I dial in 19.99 and I run against a guy dialed in at 7.99 and he runs a 15.98 and I run a 19.98, he wins and I go home. If he runs a 8.01 and I run a 20.00, I win.

It isn't easy.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator: