Radio Hookup

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Lang

Reaction score
What exactly do I need to hook up the 05 xlt radio (audiophile) with mp3 goodness, as seen in the swap and sell, to my 02 trac?

If there is an adapter, could someone post a link to it, as I don't want to waste money trying adaptors and such which don't work, especially when I can ask you guys, who are the ST experts. :)

If the whole system has to be replaced, as one post said, so be it....but even if there was a whole system swap needed for me, I'd still need some sort of adapter for the power and ground for the radio.

The S&S radio is ready to make its journey from Indiana over to MD, but I've been holding up the process as I'd like to get everything at once....a radio with no adapter will just sit for a while, which will detract from the urge to install, and then I'd be like the people who sell their trac and have accessories left over, and nothing to do with them...a fate I'd rather not be set with (though i have no intention of parting with the trac)

Thanks,

--Kevin