Radio trim

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
Anyone know if the trim around the radio is covered under the ford extended warrenty? Mine is pealing and I was going to call my dealer tomarrow and find out but just thought I'd ask all the great minds here. If it is I'd rather get it replaced before painting it or anything like that. Thanks ahead of time.;)

Do you mean the standard grey or silver bezel just on the outside of the radio?

And is it peeling off, flaking, or just worn and faded? Reason I ask is I have read

several posts over the last few days concerning "peeling" on factory

Ford parts. Steering wheel, hood, radio bezel or trim, etc... I'm wondering if this

might not be setting a pattern here with Ford paint or trim quality issues!?!

Covered, as long as you are within your coverage. There is a TSB on the radio Bezel. They replace it with a new one that has a slightly different color. They say the paint was applied using a better method.

Had mine replaced. It is a different color and has a different texture to it.

Gavin,

That's how mine was. Ford replaced it, before 3/36 on mine.

For those of you experiencing the peeling, could it be cleaning products that are causing it? the center bezel on mine is also rubbery but I'm not experiencing any peeling whatsoever after ~16K miles. Heather, I know your ST is brand new and an 04 like mine and I'm really curious as to why you're already experiencing peeling.

My '03 (25K) is showing some chipping/peeling around the radio pushbuttons and the cigarette lighter (I don't smoke). It's not too noticeable now, but when it becomes real bad I will take it to my dealer for replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Mothers's Preserve on my interior, but virtually nothing on my bezel since it is so close to my radio because the I don't want to leave greasy smears on it. It's a factory defect for sure. -Heather

I had peeling issues on my '02 ST and also on my '04 Adrenalin. Both were replaced under the factory warranty.

Latest posts