Radio & Window problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ark Hoot

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I have a Explorer XLS and I also have a 2003 Sport Trac.

When I shut off the Explorer, the radio will continue to play and the power windows will continue to operate untill the door is opened.

My Sport Trac does not do this, and I would like for it to.

Evidently there is a relay that once engerized by the ignition circuit, hols open power to those functions untill interrupted by the door ajar circuit.

Here is my question:

Is there a way to make the Trac do this. Have I missed something in the owners manual?

Thanks much.

You can add it to the system but the Trac does not come with it, (I don't know about the 07's).

If you desire to do so, you simply add the relay to the accessory out put wire of the ignition switch.

My '04 xlt prm does this. I can operate the radio or windows up to ten minutes or until I open the door...

My 2005 XLT ST already does that. Whenever the engine is turned off, I can play with the radio and roll the windows up and down until one of the doors open. When the door opens, everything is then shut off.

OK, so a few differnt opinions here.

If anyone has a 2003 4wd xlt, please reply if your Trac does this function.

Has anyone actually added this to a vehicle that dis not have it before?

Thanks

d28f686dfc4634fb5b79efa141475669.gif

basically you will maye the green wire labeled door trigger the yellow/black in the drivers door boot (driver door trigger) and then the accessory feed will have to tap into the main ignition harness..... if it were me.... there three accessory wires in the Tracs Brown, Pink/Black and black/green. i would indivually relay them as to isolate them. i can draw up a diagram if you want or maybe make a project out of it. whaever.

but if you want the windows to stay powered you would take the lead that reads radios accessory power and take it directly to the main accessory found in the ignition cylinder. which i already stated the wire colors above. ill work on the sketch on how to add the relays to isolate the accessory wires.