Random Technology exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry C

Reaction score
Anyone have the Random Technology cat-back?

I did the stock muffle replacement with the can removed with about 5k on the ST around spring of 06. It's an 05, bought it in Jan 06.

Now with 43k and the pipes around the muffler going bad.

I was thinking of just replacing the whole system, Y-pipe, cat, maybe and cat-back.

I see that Random Technology does sell a cat-back with the Y-pipe as a kit, waiting for a price from George C @ Zabtech.

Thanks

I did the Random Tech Y-Pipe and CAT with the Magna-Flow Exhaust. I like it a lot. Its all stainless steel and it sounds great with my CAI. Its got the noise that I like and I believe it helped it out.

I have the RT-ypipe and stock main converters. With magna-flow cat back single out. I looked inside of the main cats. The holes in the catylyst are fairly large, compared to the pre cats on the stock y-pipe. I figured with the magna-flow being straight thru. The factory main cats will keep enough backpressure for good low end torque.

Random tech exhaust is great, BUT the problem is they don't make it on a regular basis any more, SO I know they will charge an aditional 1 off fee to make it...

George will get a price to you.

Thank you for asking for it through Zabteck!

Todd Z

Shadow, I have the rt ypipe with the complete magna flow ss cat back single out. Sounds good to me.

One of our old members had the full RT exhaust (y-pipe, cats and muffler) fairly quiet at idle and nice sould when you opened it up. It was an expensive set-up but most of the pre-made systems are.

Check the exhaust sounds project under ST'errific (Dave Repogle).

Latest posts