Reached 50,000 miles Today

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NelsonOkc,

I get the shock/suspension joke they were saying, although not really a joke! (Rides Like New!).

I wish I had the monies to replace my Goodyears and stock shocks, but as of now, I'll have

to settle for the "Jiggle-Jounce" Funpark Ride!!!

I love my "Trac, though, an '05 XLT, fully loaded, Looks just like yours, (Painted cladding,

bumpers, etc...) Black on Black, Locking tonneau, but Tan Leather interior.

And again, I swear to you all I am getting 22.5 miles per gallon!!!

:cool:

Looks great, Nelson! AAMOF, that black is stunning with the blackwalls out! Only 50,000 K huh? You're a pup compared to my 01 Island Blue Trac which has 133,606 and counting. Bought (ordered) brand new with 4 miles on it. Only blip was a tranny, but that cost me under a grand and I'm not mad about it cause it happened at over 116,000 K on the odometer. ANyway, hope you get three times that 50K nmiles if you keep it.:cool:

Dang Nelson, lots of driving there ... purchased mine 9 days after you and just under 25K. That includes trip to Florida, and 40mile round trip to work each day. Nevertheless, your ST is still sweet and I still plan on calling you for a trip to Hooters when I come up there to see my folks :)

P.S. Nelson,

My first vehicle was a 1970 Mercury Comet with a 200 cu. in. 6-cylinder I bought for

$50 Dollars, and drove it till the shock tower broke through the frame on the right hand

side!!! Gotta love that Northern Rust Belt!!!:D

My first car was a 1977 Maverick with the "big bad" 250 Ci I-6. I sold it with over 150,000 miles on it. The next guy that had it drove it over 200,000 miles. Whatever happened to it after that, I don't know.

Tom

I've been a little easier on this ST. I put 36,000 on my first one in 12 months. Even with that, I've made a few trips to Kentucky and New Mexico with this ST. I figure I'll be approaching that 150,000 mile mark by the time I pay off the loan.

tracnblack -- I see you read my profile. :D This was my first car and I put 100,000 on this car in four years. Bought it for $100, and sold it for the same four years later. They guy I sold it to rolled it in Texas a few months later. That vehicle had over 200,000 miles on it when I sold it, without ever having the engine rebuilt.

[Broken External Image]:

1973 Ford Maverick

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the Bridgestone Revos quite? I want as quite as possible. I will never have my Trac offfroad. Still trying to decide if I want Bridgestone ot Michelin.

The tires are 265/75R16. I am at stock height and have only minor rubbing when I make sharp left turns into driveways. The tires are quieter than the Goodyears, but I am sure there are quieter tires on the market. I don't go off road much lately with the gas prices so high, but the Revos do a great job in snow, rain and ice.

Ken, the Hooters trip sounds like fun. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your truck looks great - de-badged and all. I'm feeling like I might be in rarified air, having just passed 133K myself on a 2001. Just got new meats, Thule cross bars (impossible to find the $128 ones w/o ordering!). New tranny at 67,000 ($1100). Tuning up for trip from SLC to Oregon.

Thanks for this site's forum. You guys have been very helpful as I change brakes, etc..

nelsonokc, i agree the revo's are great for all weather and driving conditions. i have 55k on my 04 adren with ee sway, 275/70/16 revo's and monroe sensi-trac shocks.

good luck, like the color !

[Broken External Image]:

I currently have a little over 186,000 kms on my current ST.

2 years ago I had to let go of my 1985 Chevy full size van (started having a propane leak) and other than regular maintanence it ran great. When I parted with it it just recently eclipsed 600,000 kms!

I was impressed.

Latest posts