ready for next MOD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Maclean

Reaction score
I have had my Xcal II for about eight months now and it is time for my next upgrade. Currently I have Magna Flow exhaust, with K&N FIPK, and XCALII. I have a 2003 coming on 100K thinking of going with the throttle body spacer but am not sure if this will be the next best MOD. Anyone have any suggestions?

If I do go with throttle body spacer.

Where can I get it and how muchshould it set me back?

Will I need to get a new tune for the XCALII?

Is this a mod a rookie can handle? ( It took me about 45minutes to install the FIPK, removing the OEM air box was a pain.)

Thanks

You should see Toddz about a modified TB (he bores them out) He's a site member. And the Xcal doesn't have to be re-programmed. It appears very easy to install. There's even a project on it in the members section. Hope this helps.

The throttle body spacer is a waste of money. They only work for carburated engines.

Your best bet would be to get one of ToddZ modified throttle bodies. He is Zabtech, one of the site sponsers...

hey mac..

the throttlebody spacer is good for one thing and one thing only.....a paper weight.

if you want something good go with zabteck performance's throttlebody

basically your stock throttlebody but with the center shaft shaved down and also the screws on the shaft are also shaved down. you gain 26cfm more than stock, that equals 4-6 more hp.

also other upgrades that would be good are:

- jba wires from explorer express

-mas air flow meter from c&l or pro m (this needs tune recalibrated as it will bring more air into motor)

-plugs to go with the wires

-under drive pulley and the over drive,alternator and water pump pulleys from underdog.

there are more to do but that seems like a good list to start from.

zabteck, underdog and explorer express are all site sponsors and can be found here.

good luck

paul h

Mac,

I would go with Todd's Modified TB. With your year he can only modify the shaft, he can only bore out the 2001 Job 1 TB (I have the job 1), But for just a direct swap it is a great little mod.

you could always go with the JBA wires w/ the new coil pack being sold now.

Mac, less restrictive wires and the coil doesn't lose power for the spark at WOT like the OEM coil pack = better ignition. The throttle body is a good suggestion.;)

I installed the modified throttle body (job 2) that I ordered from Zabtech. At first I was very speculative how could something so small really matter. I am now very happy that I listened to everyone and went ahead and ordered one. I installed it last night and I can definately tell the difference.

I have JBA wires and the screamin deamon coil pack on the way. I will let everyone know how things turn out with them.

Happy New Year!!!

Latest posts