Rear 40 seat not springing forward upon release

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
I've been detailing the interior of my 04 and noticed that the rear 40 bench does not spring forward (folding) like the 60 side does when I pull the lever. I don't recall whether or not the 40 side has been like this since delivery. Is it supposed to or not?

edit: It does fold when I pull it down while holding the release lever, however.

Last edited by a moderator:
on my rear seats the small side locks down flat in the folded position, but the larger side does not lock in the down position. Anyone else know how to rememdy this so that both sides lock in the folded position? Also, neither spring forward automatically when the lever is pulled.

Anyone else experience similiar? Any solutions?

Do you have an Adrenaline? I know on the '05s that the 40 seat will not go forward because the subwoofer is under the seat....might be the same on an '04.

Mine is the same as patricks. As for not locking down, when you push down the 60 seat angle the head rest and it will lock into place correctly or push the front seat forward a little if it is in the far back position.

Latest posts