Rear axle an 8.8?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blksn8k

Reaction score
I assume the 07 ST with the 4.6L uses the 8.8 rear differential? I wonder how well a Torsen limited slip would work with the Advance Trac? My Ranger FX4 has this type of diff and I hate the thought of losing it's capablilities when I switch to the V8 ST.

With the traction control on the 07 you do not need the limited slip any more...

Todd Z

I hope you're right Todd. But I have to wonder if there might be certain off-road situations where there is no traction available to opposite corners, such as when crossing a depression or ditch, and those tires that are suspended would just spin. Will the traction control and Advance Trac be able to shift power side to side or just front to back?

Will the traction control and Advance Trac be able to shift power side to side or just front to back?

The traction control grabs the brakes to transfer the torque to the other wheels.

Tom

Thanks, guys. I'm still a bit skeptical but hopefully I'll have a chance to see just how well it works in a couple of weeks. :unsure:

Blk,

The did fine for me during the off road test in CA...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

did a little trail with off camber ruts and mud and the advance trac icon kept flashing as the system engaged. I am satisfied that this is a better set up then a LS. The electronics are quicker than the mechanical engagement of a LS, plus here you get front to rear torque transfer too.

now if you are demanding more, you shouldn't be interested in a LS anyway. Auto Lockers are the way to go if you have extreme demands.

I tested my 03 ST with its LS in the california deserts and things were ok but it took too long or too much spin for the thing to engage at times.

Latest posts