rear bumper

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette lopez 2

Reaction score
on July 17, saturday husband and i was exiting the freeway waiting for signal to turn, my husband couldnt see pass the freeway so he edged up a bit. and he stoped, when he did we got rear ended. we pulled off and got out and checked the damage, now he ran into my bumper on the driver side cause it to tilt up, and he caused something under the bumper to poke a hole in my bumper about the size of a quarter. my question is about how much it might cost to replace the plastic bumper which is charoal gray, when the guy hit us it was a nice bump. he bumped us hard enuff to leave the imprint of my hidden tow hitch on his front bumper. im going after his insurance to fix it.. im just wondering a ball park figure what it might cost.. just wondering thanks paulette

I too traded in an '01 for an '05. Less than a year after I got the '05 I was rear-ended by a Toyota which had been rear-ended by an F-250. Bumper, hitch, frame bent. $2500. Six months later I was rearended by a post. Bumper and left lower fender damage.$2500.

Used covers in good condition are often around the $300 range. To replace it thru a body shop with the labor and correcting the angle of the bumper will probably be something around $800 I would think..

:haveabeer:update. the other guys insurance came thru. he came out on friday took pictures and wrote up an estimate and cut me a check for 561.00 so i took it to ford that afternoon, the guy at ford said it will be about 400 or 500 hundred. unless when they take the rear bumper off and theres more damage like bent frame. then it will be more and take longer. if nothing else it damage then it will take about an hour to pull off the bumper and put the new one on. but i called this morning and no local ford has the bumper so its coming from detorit. so it will be here wednesday.. so all is well. for my baby trac. lol

Latest posts