Rear Defrost issues and experiences

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vin Perrotta

Reaction score
I am looking forward to ordering an 07 Job 2 St in a couple of weeks. This will be my first truck. In every car i have had since 73, I have enjoyed and used the rear defrost, which is not available on the ST. The heated mirrors will not be available till 12/06, and then with a heated windshield, which I would not like to add because of previous discussions. Do current ST drivers find this a problem with this type of vehicle. I know Avalanche and other trucks offer rear defrost. Even with PDBL, the technology exists to add this feature. It is currently archived in the file named "Country Squire". If an up/down window can have a rear defrost in a tailgate that swings out and down, why not ST? I live in the northeast, so I think I would use it based on past experience. Any current ST drivers in 07 or earler models, I would appreciate your experience. Thanks for listening

I live in North East Ohio, and even through a bad winter, no problems with the window fogging up...besides those little wire things going through the glass are fugly.:D

VP, I live in NY and don't have a problem without the rear defrost. It has never really fogged up and if it snows I just brush it off before I drive. Don't let that stop you from getting the Trac.

George

I live in Calgary, Alberta so I saw a fare share or winter weather. Like the above two posts I just left the center console vents pointed at the rear window. I never really had a problem with the back window fogging up.

I live in Syracuse NY where we get more snow than Buffalo each year. NEVER had any problems with fogging up. If you ever need them, the vents on the back of the armrest for the rear seat can be angled up and they work great.

You will LOVE the new trac. Getting mine on Saturday to replace my '03 Trac.

Caymen has a good point. My 05 F150 Screw does not have any rear window defrost either.

Thank you for your imput. I checked on the F-150 and the Dodge both offer rear defrost, though that is not a deal breaker for me on the Trac. I appreciate your feedback. It was a really inexpensive option on both models on a quick search. With an order in two weeks or so, I hope to have the new ST by a mid October vacation. The site has been helpful in research and ideas. My winter is not as bad as Syracruse or Buffalo, so I won't be in bad shape!