Rear disc conversion on a 01' ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the info Caymen i just ordered the rear disc conversion kit. Does anyone know where i can get braided brake lines?????? Guess i may as well do those while im in there. :lol:

Does anyone know where i can get braided brake lines??????

As of right now, NOBODY makes braided brake lines.

When you are ready to start the conversion, email me. I will give you my phone number. If you have any questions in the middle of the job, you can call me. I will answer any possible questions I can answer.

Also, feel free to email me anytime if you have any questions or concerns.

I am here for you.

Tom

Greatly appreciated. Probably gonna do it next weekend barring subzero temps and snow.....

I will be doing the limited slip swap at the same time (was thinking of doing a gear swap depending on the wear signs). Also do you have the model number of the Aluminum Diff cover you are using. :D Thanks Again

Tom T said:
Like Caymen said, disk brakes are far superior. The front disks are used for 90% of the stops when rear drum brakes are used. That's why at a little over 60k I just recently installed new front brakes for the second time but the rear's are OEM and still not in need of changing out.

I lease a new truck through my company every three years, about 45k each. So far two Rangers (disc/drum) and two ST's (disc/disc). It is very hilly where I live, you can't drive half a mile without going uphill or downhill. Alls I know is that my lighter Rangers both required new front brakes during that time and my heavier '05 ST never did. ST braking is vastly better, I especially notice it when towing my jetski. There is a steep hill going from my house to the river and with my Rangers I'd be dragging my feet like Fred Flintstone at the bottom to stop. With the Trac, it's like "Jetski? What jetski?" In general traffic when towing I'd have to brake earlier and harder in the Rangers. When I got my first Trac, the first things I noticed were 1) the seats were much better and 2) the brakes were much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an aluminum cover I got from Summit Racing. It is the Trick Flow brand.

My wife has an even cooler rear diff cover.

Check it out.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZ1Y_goOb-g&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZ1Y_goOb-g&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Tom