Rear Door Spring Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Schaecher

Reaction score
So, as I've shown in an older post, I did nearly $6k worth of damage by hitting a tree after sliding through black ice.

The last remaining bugger of a problem is the passenger side rear door. The rubber insert in the hing was lost somewhere between the ice and when I picked it up from the body shop. The door will not stay open and my wife is not happy with that (she drives the ST most of the time with two kids... can't imagine what the problem is....).

So, what can I do? Called the body shop today and they will not just replace the hinge assembly for nothing since it was not origionally included in the repair estimate (they did a lot, and I am grateful so no complaints). They will replace it for a charge....

Car I insert something in the spring to make it work? The body shop tried come foam like for pip insulation and it's not even close. Do I need to replace the whole hinge??

The damage, or loss you sustained, was caused by the accident and should be repaired free of charge. The vehicle was not properly repaired.

Your vehicle should be repaired properly and it should not come out of your pocket.

Tom

I would. It was something they missed. Im suprised the body shop didnt call the adjuster out. Mine always have.

Latest posts