Rear End Collisions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherie Baker

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with multiple accidents--all being hit from behind while at a complete stop. I have spoken to over 20 people locally who HAVE been rear ended while in this vehicle. Is this the truck or are people just blind?

My guess is blind. I truely beleive that there are a number of people that should not be allowed on the road. To add to their challenges we have given them cell phones. I have almost been hit twice in my F150 by people chatting on the phone and pulling into traffic.

Well as of today mine has been rear-ended twice. Once at about 50 MPH and once at about 25MPH. Just last week I had a kid pull out in front of me, and I hit him doing around 25 MPH.

My truck is also cursed with the silver metallic paint, which has proven to be a wreck magnet.

awuestenfeld, don't say that! I have had people pull out in front of me and they usually get a curtesy finger and honk from the horn. So it has to be something else on your ST that is the magnet! LOL:lol:

My Trac is silver also...never been hit, thank God...I think there is something about the color blends in with certain suroundings....I have had a few close calls....

Here in my part of Texas we have alot of concrete roads..maybe in certain lighting conditions, the silver blends with the pavement....

I don't know if any color is worse than any other. I have an Estate Green Trac and I got whacked from the back by a car dong about 40 mph. She left her front bumper sitting on the rear axle of my Trac. I should have been very visible as I would have been hi-lighted against the sky.

I think that people are too busy to be bothered with minor things like watching what they are doing in their cars. Driving has become so ordinary that we take it for granted. We don't remember how dangerous a car (or truck) can be when we aren't paying attention to what we are doing.

It's definitely the silver! :eek:

This was at five months old. She's been rear ended twice now and we're on our third rear bumper cover...:angry:

Mark

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's white, and I've been rear-ended once, but a dumb chick driving a GMC Yukon who gunned it when the light turned green, despite I was in front of her and the traffic wasn't moving yet.

Mark,

It's a lot easier to wash the truck, instead of painting it every time it gets dirty. :lol:

Just kidding. Glad no one was hurt in any of these accidents.

I was just rear ended Dec. 23rd at night. Little old lady said she never saw me. Greystone or whatever Ford calls it is the color. I am going to need a new bumper and tail gate. Her 2000 Toyota Corolla will probably be totaled.

Last edited by a moderator: