rear power window problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Legge

Reaction score
My rear window stopped. I tried taking it all apart and I am left with everything in pieces. My difficulty is with the cables from the window motor. I can't get them to attach to the lifter. Where can I get info to put this back together. Thanks. Gary

Your not supposed to disassemble the cables. Did the motor stop working or can you hear the motor run and then window won't move. Regerdless sounds like you may be in need of at least a new window regulator and possibly a new window motor. Is the cable broken?

Check the owners manual, if you can get things back together properly, there is a procedure there to raise the window. This has happened to various members including me, in my case, after a few days it started working again on it's own.

Thanks for the responses, but the cables were already apart from the lifter so I do not know how they it goes back together. The motor has stopped working, but I am hoping once I get it back together I can reset the motor with procedure found in this forum. I guess I am looking for a diagram or instruction how this goes back together. The cables seem too short to go back together. Please can someone help. In the meantime I have propped the window up with a couple of one by twos. Thanks, Gary

CAN ANYONE tell me how to ge the rear window UP?? THE RAIN IS SOAKING the inside! No sound, nothing! And all of the fuses are good.....same thing happened B4, then after, say a few weeks, just started to work again. NOW, here in S. Florida, the rainy season is upon us....HEEEEELLLPP! ALSO,

I have 3 vehicles and am looking for chips to INCREASE MILEAGE on all of them.

*2008 CADILLAC SRX

*2002 V-10 FORD (RV)

*2002 V-6 FORD SPORT TRAC

If you can assist me with any of these, do write back!

PAUL LAINE, P.T.

JUPITER, FL.

[email protected]:)

Here are the steps from the Shop manual

If this does not reset it.. you have to remove the motor and use a Allen head to turn the mech. to roll up the window. then replace the motor so it wont fall back down..

1: Start with the ignition key in the OFF position

2: turn the ignition Key to the ON position

3: Press the rear glass control switch vent button 6 times

4: Turn the ignition key to the OFF position

5: Press the rear glass control switch vent button 6 more times

6: turn the ignition to the ON position. at this point the rear window will move up and down approximatley 20mm (0.8 in). this movement signifies that the rear window glass motor has entered into the initialization mode

7: NOTE: the rear window glass control switch must be held in the UP or DOWN position until the window glass stops moving. failure to hold the switch will end the initialization operation. then the initialization will have to be re-started.

Hold the rear window glass control switch in the full UP position until the rear window glass stops in the full up posistion

this is taken right from the Ford Sport Trac Shop Manual for a 2001

Page 501-11-111

This needs to be done anytime the motor or switch is disconnected.

here are the pages from the manual for checking the rear window

http://www.zjstech.net/~library/13223/2001%20Manual/501-11-76%2077.pdf

http://www.zjstech.net/~library/13223/2001%20Manual/501-11-80%2081.pdf

http://www.zjstech.net/~library/13223/2001%20Manual/501-11-78%2079.pdf

Hope this helps

Latest posts