Rear Power Window

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Sacco

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I read this here before, but now I can not find it. I thought I read that someone had rewired their rear 'tailgate' window, to bypass the logic sequences. Thus making it react like any normal power window... hold up or down, and let go of the switch for the window to stop. Has anyone heard, seen, or done this? I replaced the regulator AND the motor, but several have tried the initial sequence several times, including all of the versions of the sequence. Honestly, I would much rather have it act like a normal power window.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :)

It took me over 5-10 try's before I completed the setup successfully. In my attempts I noticed the window needed to be in the down position before I start the steps. It's not noted in the manual, maybe that might help?

I remember an article about a mod similar to what you refer but unfortunately can't remember where,here or explorer forum

It took me over 5-10 try's before I completed the setup successfully. In my attempts I noticed the window needed to be in the down position before I start the steps. It's not noted in the manual, maybe that might help?

I remember an article about a mod similar to what you refer but unfortunately can't remember where,here or explorer forum