rear resonator

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the resonator still inline, or did you have it removed when the muffler was installed? If removed, are you 100% certain you got a 40? If so, next step would be to swap the y-pipe to one without cats, or to replace the cat with a hi-flo model or get headers. ether of these three upgrades will increase exhaust loudness, and probably better your exhaust note.

i took the reasonator off when it was installed and i wan't to get one of my cats cut off but don't know wich one. Wich one so i need to take off to make it louder? I wan't it loud but deep.

Swap out the y-pipe, the pipe that connects your headers to your main cat. The main cat is the last in line from the engine going back. If you get a y-pipe it will replace the first two, one on the right and one on the left. I don't think you will find a muffler shop that will do this since it's against federal regulation if there is nothing wrong with the cats themselves. The y-pipe is a bolt-on you can swap out with basic hand tools in your driveway.

With it all off except the muffler It will sound close to this....

Jeff C's is a little louder, But he has no muffler at all...

http://www.zjstech.net/~library/10452/Flowmaster%20Dual%20Exhaust/Highflowcat%20015.wmv

Todd Z