Rear Seat Controls--again

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Lang

Reaction score
Just a quick question--radios from 03 and above, or at least an 05, are not compatible with rear seat controls, right?

I don't really see the point of them--driver controls the music per tradition--but if this is the case, then they'll just be ornamental, unless I can figure out something cool to do with them.

That would be very cool, but beyond my abilities. A man's got to know his limitations...though I'd like to say that I have none.

When I make it down to GA maybe you and I could work something out with that lol.

I take it that my guess is right, and the 02 rear controls won't work with the 05 head unit that I'm attempting to install, right?

If this is the unit you have (see sight below), Then it should be compatible with your rear seat controls. If you pull your old unit and look at the back of it and compare to the 2005 model, the plugs should be the same. If it has three plugs in the back (two on one side and one on the other in the back,) then you have the unit with the subwoofer plug. Just compare them. The sight below is a pretty good sight for factory radios. Hope that this helps._Ron