Rear seat stuck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your pulling on the latch right???

Try pushing hard toward the back of the truck and then unlatch...

Jump up and down on it a little....

Todd Z

I have jumped, pushed, pulled, levered, everything I can think of. It appears that the release handle is not engaged at all but the seat is hard attached to the back wall behind the middle shoulder harness.

Does the lever feel like it will spring back, or do you hear a click when you pull it. If it doesn't then the lever may not be pulling on the lock good. please post on how it reacts when you pull the lever forward._ Ron

I had the same thing happen. The cable that attaches to the release lever can come loose. so even though the lever feels like it is working, it will not release the back catch. The fix is not very easy, you must remove the trim piece from the lever area, it takes a very short bit and some way to turn it to remove the screws that hold the trim in place. When the trim is off you can reach in, and manually pull the cable. Once the seat is folded, it is much easier to replace the trim. If you need pictures, I will try to take some tomorrow, and forward them to you.

Greg

The lever acts kind of normal but it is not completly in the home position. I compared it to the other side and it looks like it is not completly engaged or disengaged which ever it may be. I does have spring tension against it, but I can't tell if it is pulling a cable or anything.

To "gzeleniak",

Thanks for the cable info. I did just as you suggested and it all works now. I found out how the cable came loose in the first place. If you fold the seats down and push down further on them they will lock in a flat position. The small seat work fine but when you do this to the large seat the cable gets in a small bind and gets enough slack in it to let it pop out of the holder. I dont think I will be locking it down flat anymore. Too big of a pain to fix.

Thanks again,

Paul.

Looks like I have the same seat experience on my '03 as Paul and gzeleniak. Thanks for sharing the info on the cable. It will give me a place to start.