Rear Spoiler Install Question! Quickie ;)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Well I got a Thread Setter!

It comes with 3 sizes of threaded inserts, but for none of them fit the ones that came with the spoiler..... should I use the ones that came with the kit, or try to get the ones that the spoiler came with on there?... seems like the right size, just doesnt thread on very easily as I beleive it should?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris, just make sure the screws fit the inserts that you use. I used some that came in the tool set that I borrowed. The threads matched the screws that came with the spoiler. They also had a hex shaped o.d. I filed the hole I drilled to match the hex, this way they would never turn within the hole I drilled if I tightened the screws too much. Good luck, Gary

Im so paranoid about this, not like I can fix it if it doesnt work, these are not hex ones, but I assume if you tighten them it wouldnt turn if you didnt REALLY tighten them.....

I dunno why these thigns arent standard threads :\

Chops, I am installing mine (when it warms up) the way you did yours..

Todd Z

Chris, don't worry about the hex ones. Like I said, just make sure your screws fit the rivnuts. When you use the tool, make sure you hold the rivnut tight to the roof and flat to the roof. The serated outer part of the rivnut will hold ok if you drilled the proper size hole. Gary

I didnt install mine with the bolts, wasnt gonna drill holes in the roof incase I didnt like how it looked, installed it with 3m emblem & trim tape, has been on now for a year and half with no problems.

Latest posts