rear stereo controls on aftermarket system

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Starr

Reaction score
Once you have installed your aftermarkey system, what has everyone done with the rear controls area. Or does everyone have bunch of non functional buttons.

Dallas

Yep non functional buttons as well.. I like it that way too since most of my friends liked to mess around with it and it got annoying really quick.

I bet you could hook up the controls to a headrest monitor or dvd player that goes to headrest screens. First thing to do would be find enough cash to get the screens, which I have yet to do.

If you have a factory stereo with the rear controls, here is what you can do: Mash both the 3 and 5 at the same time and that locks out the rear controls. Note: once you turn off the trac, it automatically resets and clears it so you will have to do it again.

Have a good one

Bob

Actually Bob, it only resets once you turn off the radio with the radio power button. Mine works that way, yours should too.

Tom

Install the actuator for the plasma conduit leading into the negative pressure side of the flux capacitor. Or if you don't want to get so technical I like Dana's idea of another power point for back seat cell charging.

Which factory stereo do you guys have? I have an 03 ST w/the Pioneer in-dash 6 disc changer and factory sub (not the Adrenaline modle). I am having an Eclipse AVN5435 HU with a Kenwood sub installed on Friday to replace the POS factory sub I have now.

The Eclipse puts out 15W RMS/50W max and the sub is a 6.5" (vs the 5" factory job) and produces 150W max and I think 75W RMS. I am almost happy with the factory highs - just the sub has no bottom end. I want to keep the truck functional so the Kenwood KSC-SW1 was the only thing I found that would fit in the factory location (behind the rear driver side seat).

How many watts does the factory system have?

Do you guys think the Kenwood sub will be better than the factory set up?

Jay,

It should. The factory Pioneer "Audiophile" system is rated at 290 watts max. Personally I like the OE sub, though sometimes the bass is a little too sloppy for my taste. One of these days I might upgrade the sub, but for now I am happy with it.

A cheap "upgrade" for the Trac is replacing the rear speakers with the front speakers and replacing the front speakers with a nice set of components. That will bring a little more highs in the rear and good speakers in the front will clean it up a little more.

Personally, I am glad I got the Audiophile system. I wish i would have known about the "pioneer Edition" when i ordered my 2002 Trac. Then again, I put the rear seat down on a regular basis, so the sub under the seat might not have been a good idea for me.

Tom

Latest posts