Rear Suspension Ungrade

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Santana

Reaction score
Ok I been following for years now and decided to spend a few bucks on the rear saggy suspension. I bought a Popup RV and after trying to hit the road I realized my truck sagged too much in the rear to tow the thing. We had to switch trucks and use my wife's trailblazer.... So I bought

Rear Sway Bar

Warrior Shackles

Road Master Active Suspension kit

I upgraded to monroe Reflex shocks about 3 or 4 years ago so i was thinking of getting a new set of rear shocks too just to round it out.

So my question is the best order to install these things..... I am guessing is

RAS and Shackles at the same time

Sway bar

Shocks

then the Torsion twist in front..... Does this sound about right..... Any guesses on how long it

may be. I have air tools and am somewhat handy!

Advice comments criticisms?

Joseymack

yank the sway bar, then follow the instructions for the RAS....

Install the RAS, then shackles, then shocks and sway bar.

Drive it around the block a few to settle it all in, make adjustments, then mess with the front for the level ride or slight rake what ever your looking for....

Todd Z

Curious what you really mean by "sagged" in the rear. I've hauled nearly 1,000 lbs in the bed and didn't notice any sag. The pics we see of others towing items much heavier than a popup RV do not show any sag. So am wondering.

Bill I am not sure but the rear is a bit swishy and I have a few thoughts... #1 When i upgraded to the Monroes It seemed nice. At one point though I hauled 21 bundles of shingels @75pounds each.... the truck bottomed out but i took it easy and made it. i think I blew the shocks back then but i can't be sure...

I have the A.R.E. cap and that weighs a little....

My trailer hitch also seems a little low and putting the camper on or cement, birt, mulch in the back i noticably can see the tail sag? The hitch was actually hitting and scrapping the ground at some points....This upgrade should help!

Joseymack

We have RAS on our ST because of the ARE MX Series cap made the center of gravity too high even with the EE sway bar. So, I highly recommend doing the RAS. If you are running LT rated tires, and put on better shocks like KYB Monomax you may not need to do a Torsioin Twist & Shackle Lift. I also recommend upgrading the front End Links to MOOG Problem Solver that you can get for about $30 from either AutoZone or CarQuest.