rear window defroster/defogger

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Kaiser

Reaction score
HEY ALL... This morning it was very cold out and there must have been a lot of moisture in the air last night,cuz my truck ws covered with a nice little layer of frost....I got in and started the truck,then looking for the switch to turn on the back window defroster/defogger it wasnt there....I looked at the rear window and saw NO heating lines on the glass. My question is...Do any of the ST have this feature or not?? BTW,my ST is a 2010 XLT...Thank You...Mike

Unless I'm parked in a garage, I have to scrape frost from my rear window. Even though its vertical.

Lol @ Mark K. Come to Canada Buddy, I can show you vertical window frost every single morning in the winter. I also thought it was on that the ST doesnt have a rear window defroster, considering that just about every vehicle on the market has them. Does anyone know if the F150's or other trucks have them?

I have a pair of "hair dryer" style rear window heaters that I bought to keep the old T-Bird's expansive rear glass clear of frost. At 10A each, they'll barely work with existing cigarette lighter plugs. For the T-Bird I made a wiring harness that connected to a AGM deep discharge battery that I kept in the trunk for added winter traction (and to power the heaters, of course). Better than nothing.

Although I park inside at home, I've had frost on the rear windows before. I'm going to invest in a Ford aftermarket remote starter, and let the engine heat do its thing when I do park outside.

No rear window defroster, no mirror defrosters and no garage to park in. So I guess I'll be scraping again this winter. And, yes Virginia, frost does form on vertical windows. Bob

I never realized that the ST doesn't have rear window defrost, I'm sure it has everything to do with the window being able to go up and down. Isn't it ironic though that you can get a heated windshield but no rear window defrost....

Soccer Trac...What year and model of ST do you have....I have a 2010 XLT and my overhead console has the 2 controls for the sunroof and 1 control for the rear window rolldown....

I've defrosted the rear window by putting the HVAC selector on vent/dash (whatever you want to call it), aiming the two center dash vents at the window, turning the heat all the way up and setting the blower on 3 or 4 (1 & 2 don't quite get the job done). It's not quick, but it works!

Latest posts