Rear Window spazzing out

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melody Owens

Reaction score
I was picking up my kitten today from getting neutered, and it was like 95 degrees out, so I left all the windows down in the truck while I went in to talk to the vet. Anyway, I came back out and started the truck to get it cooled off before I put the kitty in, and the rear window wouldn't stay up! It would go up, and immediately come back down. It did this for about 5 minutes, and I finally figured out that if I pushed the knob to vent the window it would go to that position, then I could turn it to go up. I tested it again, put it all the way down, and put it up and it stayed. Was this a fluke? I have only had my truck a month, its a brand new, 2005. Anyone else have this happen?

Melody

There is a safety built into the window. It has to do with both drag and location.

To reset the window turn and hold the knob in the up position. It will bypass the safety system and reset the parameters.

You need to lube the window channel, ( the felt) along the window..

Todd Z

I tried the holding the knob in the up position, it didnt work, the window went back down. Its been working all day, so I am hoping it was just a one time thing. Thanks for the replies! :)

Melody -

My 2003 has done that a couple of times in the almost 3 years of ownership. It seems to spaz, and then corrects itself. Same thing with my driver's side rear door window. It will stop working and all I do is slam the door and it is fine. Just some of the "quirks" of owning and ST.

Chris

Latest posts