Rear windows tint

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
The rear windows are a little too dark for me during the night. I'm hoping I can get them redone to 35% tint but I'm afraid my only option is to replace them since the tint was "baked" into the glass during manufacture. Anybody know for sure?

i beleive you would have to get a new window, and also i think it is already at 35 percent because when i got my windows tinted i got them done at 20 percent.

Flip. I think your the first one on this site that has ever complained the window tinting was too dark. :D

Flip....I had to put a piece of black tape over the rearview mirror sensor so it wouldnt darken...that was my problem at night...when the mirror went dark, I could barely see the headlights of the car behind me.....

Pimped, the rears can't be 35% cuz that's what my fronts are and they're quite lighter. Fmarano may be right about them being 21%.

TomT, don't make me feel old man. :p It's just that when driving at night, I can hardly see anything out the windows when I need to look over my shoulder for lane changes.

Fast Eddie, yeah I tend to turn the mirror off too, but only because it prevents me from identifying highway patrol cars.

I have 5% limo tint all around with a 5" brow. I can't see anything...but they can't see me!