Rearview Mirror Removal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Green

Reaction score
I am trying to tint my front windshield and I need to remove my rearview mirror. I am just wanting to remove the Mirror assembly and not the piece of metal that is stuck to my windshield. Does anyone know how to get the mirror off? Thanks - Michael

Need a small screwdriver and pry up on the clip and lift toward the roof.. There is no screw on the ST mirror... IT will slide off. Just slide it back on when done, and it will lock into place...

Wish I could tint the windshield here in NY... Dam stickers and ohh, it is illegal..:(:angry:

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
You can take it to any glass shop that does windshield replacements and they can get off for you then once you have it tinted just slide it back on.

Thanks, I appreciate it. ya it's Illegal out here too but I've had illegal tint on my front driver/passenger windows for about two years. Cops around here don't enforce it very much around here. Plus I got a buddy who has had it done for awhile and never had any problems.

P.S. What part of the mount is the clip im supposed to pry off?

Thanks Michael

I want my entire windshield tinted as well....only problem is finding a shop that'll do it, because it is illegal. I asked my optomitrist about getting a note, I still need to go up there and take the tests to get my note so it isn't illegal.