Rebuilt Tranny Problems...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
A while back I had my tranny 'rebuilt' because of a common? tranny problem after 80k or so.

Anyways, since day 1 I never thought that it was 100% -- and now its gradually getting worse as it did the first time.... worse as in slipping from 2nd to 3rd, or 1st to 2nd, whatever, the total shifting is off I beleive now....

I guess I just want some input as to what people here would do about this? I had a mechanic that works on our 15 company vehicles do this work that ended up sending it to a transmission shop... I am going over there after work today, and I just want to know what you people think I should be saying to this person ;)

I paid $2000CAN for this rebuilt, I expected it to be brand new. Should I have to pay for any other repairs that are needed that wasnt part of this rebuild? I mean I dont think they should be telling me the tranny needed to be rebuilt, and find out that isnt the problem??? I wouldnt mind if it was $200 to try to fix it and it wasnt the problem, but $2000? I cant afford to dump money into this problem and not have it solved...

HELP!

What was the warranty they gave you??? Are you still in it??..

If there is a slippage issue and it was not done that long ago, they should do something..

See what they say....

Todd Z

It was done just before Christmas...

We do lots of business with this person, never had issues with any repairs hes done in the past 10 years... so im hoping he will just get it fixed... I just want to be prepared if he comes at me with additional costs.

I mentioned right after I got it back that I didnt think it what 100% -- he said to drive it for a month, see how it goes, but now its just getting worse so I have to go see him.

Did you get anything in writing? I know you said you know this guy but you should still get things in writing if he runs a legit business. Being that you do alot of business with him you may be ok. From my experience with Trannys, if it didn't seem right from day one, it won't get better. Something was wrong from the get-go. Good luck and let us know what happens.;)