rebuilt trans

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Joyce

Reaction score
So I got my tranny rebuilt last Friday. So far it runs great. It shifts smooth. The transmission place I went to changed the gear ratio's so it shifts more like a truck. Now I just need to bother Ford about(hopefully) some compensation. I already put 500miles on the truck since it got rebuilt. So far so good.:cool::cool:

Joycie,

I was aware that there are several companies that make and sell modified valve bodies for the 5R55E transmission but I was not aware of different gear sets?

Just curious, but what kind of warranty did they give you with this rebuilt transmission?

...Rich

yesterday had my tranny serviced. High volume dealership. service managers' comments were interesting. They replace very few tranny's now. Have had few problems in the last 3-4 years.

As long as the transmissions are serviced every 50-60 KMs (say 30-40K miles) no problems whatsoever. (I took that with a "lump" of salt) $200CDN

The point, Joicey, is that warranties are questionable, anywhere. The rules for servicing apparently must be followed stringently.

On the other hand, except for the GM horror stories that I've heard about, and the Exploder problems in the 95-97 series. very few trannys' seem to have problems.

Sooooo, as long as you drive normally (?) you're OK. And what's wrong with winding it up to 6K for shifts? (yes they will go to 6K rpms)

Allen:cool:

I got a 2000 quote same warrenty from Cottman's tranny. I will let you know when I fix mine how it rides. I think you have a 2001 too. I think we have similar issues, wondering if we can compare built dates. LOL

AllenG, there are alot of 2001 tranny problems (not sure of other years). Ford typically has alot of transmission problems. You can look at all the technical service bulletins and talk to people. Almost everyone I talk to has some horror story. This does not mean I don't like my ST because Lord knows I have replaced or am replacing so many things on it. But it is an issue.:D

Latest posts