recomend my next upgrade

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Maclean

Reaction score
I am looking for for some help deciding what my next upgrade should be. I currently have upgraded the intake and exhaust. Magna Flow, K&N FIPK III. I was thinking of going with a chip but am not sure which one to go with, especially after reading some of the reviews and the problems people have had. Please help. by the way its a 2004 XLT 4.10 axle

Last edited by a moderator:
xcal2, without a doubt.

Don't mess with a "chip", they're pretty useless compared to the xcal2.

I think Wayne has been realy bussy but I hear he is the one to get the XCAL2 from. He is a sight sponser here. I am still waiting to hear from him.

Outside of performance upgrades, I would recommend you upgrade the factory shocks if you haven't already.

HO, Re email him. I spoke to him and he said he replied to ALL his emails...

Try sending the email again...

Todd Z

Thanks for the tips I am a bit behind have had my trac just over a year and nearing 60k any suggestions as to what shocks i should go with and how much they will set me back

Lots of recommendations on shocks here, but you can't go wrong with Rancho RSX, Monroe Reflex, Monroe Sensatracs. All are very popular with the members here. I took their advice when I came on board 18 months ago.

HO, I replied to your email sir. I am waiting on the tuner to arrive.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: