• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

RECON 3RD BRAKE LIGHT--PAUL

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin Cox

Reaction score
Paul, got my Recon 3rd brake light in. Went to put it on this morning and there is no plug in site on the OEM one. Does one have to pull the head liner to get to the plug? Or is there something special to get to the plug? Or do you have an adapter for this light also like the ones for the gen 1's? I did not want to have to dig too deep before I knew for sure. It is going to look great when I get it in.

Check your email for directions.

Yes there is a plug and yes you do need to pull the head liner down a bit and it is right there.

Paul H

I'd like to chime in on this one . . .

I'm planning on purchasing the same within the next week or two.

REBLFORD - How's the mod coming along? If you could create a project or at the very least post a couple of pics, I'm sure there's a few of us, myself included, who'd greatly appreciate it.

Paul - You should be hearing from me soon for a smoked 3rd brake light for my '08.

Lower the rear window. Pull down on the plastic trim piece between the headliner and the window to remove. From the bed, pull slightly down on the headliner and you'll see the plug just to the left of the center.

KPC, Dingo is exactly right. Once I found out how to do it with the instructions that Paul sent me it only took about 2 beers, lol, actually about 30 to 40 minutes. It is easier to unplug the plug if you pull it out, at least it was for me. I did not take any pictures of the install but I will post some pictures of the Recon installed.

OK, I am going to see if I can get it right this time. Hopefully Todd will not have to straighten it out for me this time.

Before

[Broken External Image]:

After

[Broken External Image]:

Hopefully this works, if not they are in my library. I like the way the smoked light blends into the truck better without sticking out like a sore thumb.

Wow!

I hate to copy your style, but that looks better than I expected.

I'll be doing the same really soon.

Latest posts