Recon Cargo/Bed LED: Installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinbakon

Reaction score
Well, thanks to some pointers from member Aaron Lyon, I finally got my bed lighting installed.

More pics and a project to come, but here's the just of it:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I have to say that I'm more than happy with the result, especially the amount of lighting from only 6 of the 8 lights.

Recon Product: Part # 26417 - Universal Cargo Area Bed Rail Light Kit

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a nice set-up! But $119? :unsure:

I bought these after they were recommended on another thread;

http://shop.4zproducts.com/products/automatic-cargo-light, I was not impressed for $54, cheaply made, switch on one light was loose, so it would only work intermit, the other wouldn't work in conjuction with the tilt switch. I'm going to take it all out this weekend, use the LED bulbs from it and make my own with a manual switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pos-feedback!

Looks like a nice set-up! But $119?

I had my eye on the product for some time, but couldn't justify the $119+shipping+tax . . .

Actually, I picked mine up in the Swap and Sell.

When I saw them posted for half of the retail price (shipping included), I couldn't pass the deal up.

Unlike your experience with the automatic-cargo-light product, these are very well constructed, waterproof, and since I have Recon's 3rd Brake Light, I thought it would be a perfect match.

I don't know what type of pricing is being offered, but the site sponsor Zabteck does sell them.

Latest posts