Recon lighting

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrlunchbox

Reaction score
First off do you all of good experiences with the Recon lighting in general? I am looking into getting a Recon 49'' light bar for the back of my truck. Do any of you know if it will fit (ST is in the shop right now so I can't measure myself) and what are your opinions on those rear light bars? Thanks guys! :banana:

I bought one for my 08 this year and I am very happy with it. I notched the mounting bracket so I could still lower my spare tire if needed and used a couple of stainless steel screws to secure it to the bed for peace of mind. :)

i had the recon 3rd brake light on my 07 and liked it alot.

i know you are looking for the light bar but my experience with recon has been great.

I have it on my STA

[Broken External Image]:

fits fine. Just like VideoITGuy said, youll have to Dremmel out a little peace of it to get to your spare tire hole, no big deal. The only trouble with mine is i had to get extra 3M double sided tape because of the bolts on the top bumper liner, quick fix though. And I think it looks absolutely great:banana:

I have the third brake light and I installed the bed light kit as well. Very good product and very bright!! When I turn on the lights in the bed they light up my entire garage.

I have the third brake light, and had the "White Lightning" tailgate bar until my recent rear-end collision. I was very satisfied with both products. I mounted mine on the inside lip of the bumper, using the project linked below as a reference. Mounting it like this still allowed access to the spare tire hole.

NOTE: If you mount it like this, you have to reverse the turn signal wires, because you're flipping the bar 180 degrees. Otherwise, they'll fire bass-ackwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
MINT! I like what you did with your bar. I will have to look into that. Thank you!!! :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Recon has some great items. I have a different line of fire from before I knew about Recon but also have the Recon LED 3rd brake light. We sell the Recon lighting at Zabteck so give us a shout if you would like to purchase. :D

George

Latest posts