Recycling Antifreeze

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRACket Paul

Reaction score
I just changed the antifreeze in my ST and want to recycle it. I now find out that it will require a 40 mile round trip to accomplish the task and only on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

ARRRGH!:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Dump it in the storm drain J/K

My local gas station and Jiffy lubes will take it for a couple bux.Also Kragens and peps in my local do.

Bill, too late, just dumped it.:eek:

J/K

I called my local Autozone, Kragen, and Pepboys, neither accept antifreeze. I'll try some other places.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Try a radiator shop

Or take it down to Discovery park, dump it in the river, will prevent the american from freezing up this winter:)

What's wrong with dumping it down the toilet? It goes to a treatment plant, where it'll be ...ummm... treated.

Actually Roger, back in the day we had a house outside of Truckee.

shut her down for the winter, all the toilets and sewers got a big dose of good old prestone.

Mark,

Doing things like that caus major problems for treatment plants....

I build Treatment plants it is amaising what a couple of gallons of something can do to the process....

Please dont do that....

ALSO IF a place SELLS oil or antifreeze or batteries, here in NY they MUST BY LAW accept the old Product. Now they dont have to take 500 gallons a day. They can limit you.

Todd Z

Luckily my county has a recycling center not too far away where you can take pretty much anything. Taken my oil there for years, which is free, but curiously they charge you to take antifreeze. Not a lot, about $3 a gallon I think. But then I don't keep my vehicles long enough to change the coolant anyway.

Latest posts