Red flashing Lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shamrock C

Reaction score
Is anybody here a volunteer firefighter with lights on there ST? I just got certified in my town and I need to get red lights on my ST but I don't know which ones to get. I donÕt really want wires hanging everywhere just a clean look. Any suggestions or pics would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!:D

Hopefully JayMcK will respond, he's a LEO and a first responder and has his rig loaded with strobes and lights, all very clean and slick.

Congrats on getting the VFF gig, I've been trying to do the same, but my paperwork keeps "falling through the cracks". I dunno whats up with it all anymore.

Message to Me: ?

Message to HO: do you get a reflective bounce of the windshield when it is in use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Tiger said, I have a pretty good setup in my ST. I've got strobes in all four corners, and LED's front and rear windows. It's all Whelen. The strobe unit is a 90-watt, 6 outlet, so I've still got connections for another pair of strobes if I want them. The power supply unit is in the storage area behind the driver's side rear seat. There are grommets below the pillar between the front and rear seats that will allow you to run the wiring to the outside. The LED's are Whelen Slimlighter II's, which have two (BRIGHT) flashing sections per unit, and lot's of flash patterns. You can get them either hard-wired or with lighter plugs. I've got them centered on the windows, curently just mounted with the included suction cups (though one of these days I'm going to mount them with a bracket). All of the wiring is hidden by the plastic trim, except right at the light. I've got a 6-switch box to control everything. I like the fact that from outside the truck you can't tell there's anything installed until they're turned on. I ordered everything online from a place called <a href="http://www.pvparts.com">pvparts.com</a>. They were the least expensive I could find, and they had good service. One of the strobe bulbs was cracked when I got it, and they sent a replacement right out.

P.S. - If you do go with the corner strobes, be warned: I chose to put them in the reverse lights, so they would show up better, but if you do, you won't be able to put the stock bulbs back in. I have a set of auxiliary lights I wired up to use for reverse lights instead, but if you don't want to do that, you'll have to put the strobes in the brake/turn light area.

I have strobe tubes in my front turn signals, brake lights, and back-up lights. I also have a red and white LED light mounted next to the rear view mirror. A Federal DynaMax speaker fits perfectly behind the front license plate area. The siren and "0-1-2-3" switch box is in the glove box.

The relay box, siren amp, and strobe power supply are mounted under the driver-side back seat.

Mark

sirennet is a good site. I'll email you some info.

Mark

Your name in your profile, is that your real name Shamrock Nallac? What is your heritage? Just curious because the name struck me as unusual.

I am a deputy sheriff and am also looking at putting lights in my ST. I am going to do it as soon as I get the time to put them in I already purchased a hideaway strobe kit with power supply and 4 hideaways. I also have a dash light and am still looking for 2 more strobes for the rear window. I bought my stuff from www.lshlights.net after looking at many suppliers they seemed to have a good selection and best price. Also I have been looking on Ebay quite a bit and there are always quite a few strobes and leds on there. Shamrock there are many choices from simple self contained dash and deck lights to strobe systems that include a power supply and a variety of strobe heads. I dont know what you want to spend but if you want both forward and rear warning for about $300 you could have a good setup with a 6 head power supply 4 hideaways (2 red in front, 2 clear in rear lights that would flash red, and a dash light). If you have very limited funds for less then $100 you could get a dual dash light from ebay. Just dont be bidding against me as I am still looking for some rear strobes :lol:

Question for JayMcK and others, is it possible to mount one set of the strobes in the headlights themselves. I didn't even bother to look before I went ahead and ordered the strobe kit and my hope was to put four strobes in the front, 2 clear and 2 blue, 2 of them in the headlights and 2 in the corner lights to get a nice 4 strobe pattern. However, yesterday I finally took a look at it and realize, duh, the headlights have a metal housing and the corner strobe has a composite housing. Im thinking it may not be a good idea to try to drill the hole in the headlight, what does anyone else think.