Remote problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron schneider

Reaction score
I was wondering does anybody have this problem, When I want to unlock the doors with the remote I press once and the driver side door opens, then I press again and nothing happens. It use to work It just stopped working. I can still open the drivers door with remote and close the doors just can't open all the doors. Do you think I need a new remote???:wacko:

If it unlocks one but not the others, I would have to say, it's probably the recieving unit, not the remotes. May need to get it checked. Could be just a glitch.;)

I assume, like me, you only have one remote, so testing with a spare can't be done here. I would have to agree with Shawn...seems more like a reciever problem to me.

That sounds like the module inside the truck.....

you can try disconnecting the trucks battery and reset the computers and re try...

Todd Z

could it be dirt in the transmitter?

as in when you push the button and release,

the button comes back up but the internal

button on the board in the transmitter is hanging up.

just a thought as i had this happen in the past on my

former truck.

I noticed with mine that if I wait even just a few seconds after pressing the remote button the first time that when I press it again, it doesn't do anything. I'm thinking that it resets and retrys to unlock the front again. For me to get all of the doors unlocked, I have to press the button twice very fast.

Try your other remote, if you get the same thing, then it will be the module...

If it works, then you have a defective remote. Reprogram it and see what happens. *You can do that on your own by the way).