Remote Start Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Browning

Reaction score
Hello all,

My OEM Powercode Bronze remote start is really acting up this time. Usually I can fix it but I can't get anywhere now. All fuses are good. Was working before and then it went to a problem I have had before where it will start but then immediately stalll two seconds later.

Usually I could just pull the power, relearn the tach and it would be good to go.

Now I can't even get to the option banks using the override button. I'll go through the process and then hit the overide button and it will chirp four times which enters option bank one however button three does not work. When I hit button three which is suppose to let you go to different options in the option bank all it does is effect the led. You hit button three and then the led will flash twice, pause, and then flash twice again repeatedly. Not the theft light. The theft light is acting just fine. It's the led that will flash twice. If I hit button three again, (which) is suppose to go to the next option) it will just turn the flashing led off. Hit it again goes right back to flashing twice.

If I try and push the overide switch to get to option bank 5 nothing happens.

I keep searching but have not come across this "feature/warning" for lack of a better word. It has never done the double flash sequence before.

No matter what I do I can't get it to advance to other option banks or options themselves using either the overide switch or button three.

The only thing button two does is honk the horn twice.

Both transmitters work. Both will start the car but it will immediately shut down 2 seconds later. Horn still honks, parking lights still flash, and brake pedal switch still works or it wouldn't even go into programing. I have checked hood and tach signal wire but don't see any issues.

Thank you, jason

I had what sounds like the same problem with my grand prix and compustar starter/alarm. It was my hood pin malfunctioning. The pin looked fine to me but it was broken. Try replacing it and see what happens.

I don't use the hood pin option. The wire is tapped up so it should never ground but I'll check it again.

Latest posts