remote start

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Martin 2

Reaction score
Hey guys....I have an aftermarket alarm/remote start....and for some reason it's acting up. Its a pro start from Canadian tire. I know most of you here might not know the brand but its worth a shot.

SO here's the issue. I try to remote start the truck and it does not start....but the marker lights flash four times (I assume its a code telling me what might be wrong). I've searched the net for a trouble shooting guide but I couldn't find one. the alarm works with no issues at all. and the truck starts normally with a key. I have a feeling I may have a wire either broken OR pulled out somewhere. But I have no idea where to look as it was installed 2 or three years ago and I am no longer anywhere near the place it was installed at. Any thoughts on what I could/should be looking for...or should I just find a shop that deals with alarms and go that route...

Did you by chance have a low battery and get a boost recently? When I have had to boost my O8 with an "Ultrastart" it will go into Valet mode. There is a special procedure involving turning the key on and off several times and then pressing the remote to get it back to normal. Check internet for operating instructions and or manual for your make. If Canadian Tire sold and installed it they should be able to tell you how to fix. I just hope their customer service where you are is better than where I live.

Thanks Allan. I did boost a car last friday night but it happened the day before. I tried this morning before work and it did not start....BUT when I left work I tried it and it did start. I also tried it when I got home from work and it started no issues. I bought it from Canadian tire but they do not install them. I'm going to have to keep looking for a manual or something on the net to see if I can't fix this myself. I;m just no damn good at electrical issues.

Ok so I found the web site for the remote start....it says to check the brake circuit. How do I do that?:banghead:

What it is telling you is that the wire from the alarm module that senses the brake being applied is not hooked up. Look under the dash and find the wires coming from the brake lever. If your lucky, you will see one not connected. Try that first. Then reply with what you have found.

Cuda

By the way, most remote starts need a ground on this wire to operate. When the brake lever is applied, it sends 12 volts down that line.

I may have knocked something loose but it works whenever it wants too. In the morning it won't start but after work it has no issues! I'm going to try to get a look under the dash next week, when my brother gets here. He is a lot smaller then me and can get in there lol.