Remote start

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm up for one. Do you need an extra key or do you have to get the other unit that would replace the extra key. Either way $30.00 is a good price.

ScoTt..Like I stated, I'm not familiar with this brand so I don't have many answers. All I know is that they are brand new and being offered cheap.

Hopefully you can find your answer on their website.

Is that a yes?

If so, please send payment to D92R95 @aol.com through Paypal

Last edited by a moderator:
ScoTt & JDB have one... (4) left...

BTW, these will be sent out tuesday by USPS unless someone has another preference.

After reading their site you do need the bypass module for it to work on our trucks...

Hmmm..... Price seems good...

Todd Z

Woppy has (1)...(3) left...

Todd, I don't know what it needs to work on a ST. If you didn't find it on the website, I can't expand anymore. I have absolutely NO experience with this brand. Just wanted to share this awesome find with some MYST members. Hopefully all works well with an ST.

And yes, price is very good, especially when it is shipped to your door for $30.

(3) left...

"...(I know no 06 so don't correct me )"

Just boxed the 1st (3)...Will be delivered to the USPS for outgoing mail tomorrow.

Thanks for the opportunity....

Going to sleep now.... WIll check in the morn again fror the last (3)

Too all a good night..............

Just letting everybody know that i baught one, and they are no good, they do not work very well with the sport trac, and unless you know how to install them, this brand cost a fortune to get installed, i had a better deal just buying a brand new one with free instalation...DONT BUY

JB - you have to elaborate more on what the issues were then it just does not work very well. Is it just not that easy to install? Please explain.

Thanks

While at work today, I checked this thread a couple times, including the reply from Johnathan Bickle. I as well would like to know of any short comings with this remote start. Hopefully he will chime in sooner than later. I plan on installing one on my sons car at the first opportunity.

I do not post from work but am at home right now. These remote starts are brand new in retail packaging and came from a national retailer. I was going to drop off the boxes @ USPS after work but decided NOT to because of JB's comments. I cannot vouch for this brand of starter as I have no experience with them. I also don't want to sell anyone on this site something considered sub-par.

So I decided NOT to drop off the boxes and give those who have sent me payment a chance to change their minds about their purchase if they were influenced negatively by JB's post. A Paypal refund only takes a few seconds and costs nothing.

I don't necessarily need replies unless someone has had a change of mind. If no replies are noted, I'll deliver the boxes to USPS tomorrow during my lunch hour.

Thanks...

Dave - for $30.00 I'm up for trying it. The web site says 500 ft. I'm glad you give us a choice. Please send mine. Is there some kind of code that comes with the units? On the site there is a way to get wiring guides for your car but you need to enter a code.

Any idea?

Thanks

It'll go out tomorrow ScoTt. I saw the code thing on their site also, I'm guessing that it's in the package either in print or on the install CD.

ScoTt, go to bulldogsecurity.com. You will be able to get a wiring guide from there for free. It will tell you what color the wire is for the starter, ignition, accessory, etc.. You can then use the manual that comes with the package, and match them up.:D;)

The ST will need a bi-pass. You can get a universal one at your local shop that installs remote starters. I just checked for a friend that I'm putting one in her '06 Mariner, and the shop here had a "programable" (no key needed) for $40.;)

Latest posts