Removing headreasts??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Santini

Reaction score
I just received my new Wet Okole seat covers,,,having trouble removing the headrests. If anyone can give me some pointers on removing the headrests on the 07, I would appreciate it. There is nothing about removing them in the manual, only about adjusting up and down with the little tab on the fronts,,,,,,,,,the rears don't even have the tab and it says that they are not adjustable,,,,,but I know that they must be removable. Thanks again for any help you can shed/share on this problem.

I have not put on Wet Okole seat covers, but I can tell you what I know:

Inside the upholstery, there are thin metal clips that hold the two shafts that slide up and down from coming all the way up. I know for sure that this is the way the rear seats work, but not sure on the fronts. I don't see why it would be any different in the front, but maybe someone else would know.

I took the upholstery apart once to do the 40/40 modification in the rear. I ended up peeling the leather material from the bottom of the chair up to the headrests, then folding it up as far as I could till I could see the plastic mounting parts and the thin metal clip keeping the head rests from coming all the way out.

Hope this helps.

I think, Not sure, But I remember asking that in CA and they said there was a small hole that you insert a pin into and they come off.... :lol::lol::lol:.

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
My 06 Explorer headrests have a small opening on the base and you insert a small drill bit and it releases the headrest. Might be same in 07 ST's

Thanks, all, finally talked to someone who told be about the pin-sized hole at the base of the post: on the Right side as you are looking at the headrest from the front. Get something small enough to push into that hole, and the headrest releases,,,,,,magic!! Now I can install these things,,,,,,,,will post pics when done,,,,,,later, Mark