Replace dash light bulb

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, but a pretty straightforward job. Remove the large plastic panel and then the instrument cluster, the bulbs screw into the back of the cluster. The only tricky part is getting the trans indicator indexed properly.

There should be a project for changing the light bul colors with step by step details.

Its more of a pain than anything... Not hard tho.

You will have to do the following.

Unscrew the 3 Screws at the Guage Window (Excuse my lack of terms for things)

Unscrew, and Remove the panel where your Hood Release Handle Is (There is a screws on the bottom edge.

Remove the radio bezel (To Get at the screws)

Loosen the bolts holding the metal plate under your steering wheel (Just losen so you can get at the 2-3 bolts holding the upper part above the wheel.

Pull out the part around the face of the guages, and reach behind, twist the bulb and it just pops out.

Reverse the steps to reinstall.

I should have done a pictorial when I did all of mine... While you have the radio out, you should change the bulbs at your heater/ac controls, this can be done without removing it.

I changed all mine at once, cause I knew as soon as I changed 1, the rest would go the next day and that would make Chris very annoyed ;) hahaha.

Sorry for the crappy tutorial, I dont know the terms for everything.

Latest posts