Replaced shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjamin Feinstein

Reaction score
Well I finaly did it. I replaced the stock shocks with Monroe Reflex shocks and as some have said here the diferance is amazing. It drives and rides like a totally different vehicle. I cant beleive I waited this long to make the change.

Thanks to the people on this site for all the good information provided.

he seems shocked !! :lol::lol:

Doesn't it make a huge difference. I had mine replaced ruffly 3 months ago with Monroe Reflexs and its huge difference. Its like a new ST!

I put Monroe Reflexes on my 2003 Sport Trac about a week ago, and they are a definite improvement over the OEM shocks. Much better ride and more nibble handling.

The other thing I noticed is the improvement in hard braking!! There is much less nose-dive which allows more braking to be shared by the rear brakes instead of overloading the front brakes. Under normal driving you don't notice much difference, but if you have to make a fairly quick stop (Not an panic or emergency stop) from 40+ MPH, you will notice a much much quicker initial reduction in speed with cleaner smoother stop.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator: